Congratulations to Year 11!23/08/2018
It was lovely to see all of you this morning as you celebrated your successes.
You have made great progress also, with students of all abilities surpassing their targets by at least two grades in particular subjects.
Here are a few of the headlines:
- 85% of students achieved at least grade 4 in English and 72% achieved the same in Maths, whilst 64% achieved at least grade 5 in English and 42% did so in Maths.
- Over 70% of you achieved at least grade 4 in both English and Maths – similar to our results from last year and above last year’s national average.
- 46% of students gained at least 1 top grade at 7, 8 or 9 or A*/A; a quarter % of you achieved at least 3 of these top grades; and 12% achieved at least 5 of them
- 24 of you, that’s 22%, achieved at least grade 5 in every subject.
- In Art, 26% of students gained a grade 9 and in total we had more than 60 grades at 9 or A*
Well done once again – today’s results reflect the outstanding commitment of staff and students; the solid support of parents and families and of governors; and the high quality teaching and learning experience which has led to our students being so well-prepared for the new demands of GCSE.
Enjoy the rest of the summer and we look forward to seeing you at GCSE Awards Evening on 21st November 2018, if not before. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on as you start A levels and other college courses, apprenticeships and careers – we will be delighted to hear from you.